Friday, 6 January 2012

Book review

<> <>
As you can see from this picture I have a large collection of craft books. These are the result of many years of birthday and Christmas presents! I love having a good selection of books because they are a brilliant source of inspiration, whenever I am stuck for an ideas I can just flick through a book and I will know what to make. But if you are ordering online it can be sometimes be hard to know if  a book is any good. So to help you choose I will be reviewing several books. 

The first book that I will be reviewing is: A Rainbow of Stitches by AgnèsDelage-Calvet, Anne Sohier-Fournel, Muriel Brunet and Françoise Ritz. This book is all about embroidery and cross stitch. At the front there is a 'Get stitching' section which includes handy hints and tips. The book is split into sections of green, pink, blue, red and white coloured projects so whatever your favourite colour is there should be something to suit you. In each of the different colour sections of the book there is a multitude of drawings and charts for you to stitch. There are also suggestions of items which you could stitch onto. However there aren't any instructions for making any of the items that have been sewn on. Overall I would give this book 5/5 because there are so many brilliant ideas that could be used for anything and lots of the stitched items in the book would also make lovely gifts. My next project is a beautiful peace and love cross stitch picture from this book so watch this space because as soon as I have finished I will show you.


No comments:

Post a Comment