Thursday, 19 January 2012

Felted Rose

I have always wanted to have a go at needle felting, I have done the other type of felting several times before, the technique that uses soap and water, but I found it quite hard to get a neat finished product. So I decided to try out needle felting instead, so I bought the basic supplies that I needed to get started from Blooming Felt, http://www.bloomingfelt.co.uk/. My purchases included several different colours of felting wool, a felting needle and a holder, a high density sponge and a felting mould to make up a felted rose. After about three evenings of felting I had made this rose.

I found needle felting really easy to get the hang of and it is quite therapeutic as well. To make the rose you add felting wool into the mould and felt each individual petal by pushing the needle into the felt until the fibres have matted together. You don't even have to sew the petals together because they can be felted together to make up the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment