Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Floral mug

This mug was given to me as a Christmas present and it says Merry Christmas around the top. I didn't want to put it away and forget about it until next year so I added some ribbon around the mug so that it covered the Christmas greeting. I attached the ribbon with double sided tape so that when Christmas comes round again I will be able to remove the ribbon without damaging the mug. I also added a bow underneath the handle to hide the ends of the ribbons. The crocheted roses are from a book called Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench. I just used a smaller crochet hook and yarn to create the smaller cream roses. I filled the mug with tissue paper at the bottom and then cotton wool at the top of the mug. I then cut a square of material to cover the filling and I arranged the roses on top of the material. So now I can display my Christmas mug all year round!





No comments:

Post a Comment