Saturday, 18 February 2012

Crocheted Mug Cosy

My sister is currently at uni and was complaining that whenever she made a hot drink it cooled down too quickly. So I made her a crocheted mug cosy. I took inspiration from the mug cosy project in issue seven of Mollie Makes and from a pattern in Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench. However I couldn't use the pattern as it was because it was written for a mug with straight sides and mine had sloping sides, so it was a bit of a challenge but I just improvised a bit. I wanted to create an interesting and textured cosy so I used this ribbed effect. The ribbed effect is created by using half treble, the first row is worked normally into the chain stitches and then the next row of half trebles are worked into the back loop of the previous row. The next row is worked into the front loop of the previous row. This is continued working into the front and then back loop of the stitch alternately. I added an edging of double crochet stitches around the whole mug cosy. I also added a flower from a pattern in Cute and Easy Crochet and a button to fasten. I hope it does its job at keeping drinks warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment