Monday, 16 April 2012

Decorated Jars

I saw some jars for sale in John Lewis that were decorated with shell buttons on wire around the rim, so instead of buying them I thought I would make some. I threaded some small heart shell buttons onto 28 gauge wire and spaced them even distance apart. To secure I twisted the two ends of the wire around each other about three times and then wrapped the ends underneath the nearest button either side to hide the ends of the wire. I am using my jars to store different ribbons and lace and some ribbon bows and roses on the top. They are a brilliant way to store your trims and make a pretty feature of them at the same time. You could put co-ordinating colours of ribbon and lace in each jar or you can just mix and match as I did. They would also make a lovely gift for a crafty friend!







No comments:

Post a Comment