Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Crocheted Heart Necklace

I made this crocheted heart necklace by threading crocheted hearts in several different colours onto clear beading thread and threading pearls on between each heart. The crochet heart pattern I used can be found here http://saltforthespirit.blogspot.com/2009/02/itty-bitty-crochet-heart-tutorial.html. I made eight hearts in each four different colours of wool so that I had enough hearts to make a long necklace. The pearls that I used were from Bijoux Beads, I prefer using freshwater pearls instead of glass pearls because I like the pearls to be irregular shapes and different sizes. To finish off the necklace I didn't need to use a clasp so I just knotted the ends and threaded each end back through a heart to make the knot secure.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment