Thursday, 3 May 2012

Tiny Crocheted Piggie and Apple

On Wednesday afternoon a book that I had ordered arrived, so last night I made this tiny crocheted pig. The book is called Teeny Tiny Crochet by Catherine Hirst and I think its probably the cutest book I have ever owned! Its packed with all the (obviously tiny) crocheted animals could ever want and most of the animals have crocheted accessorises such as food that you can make for them. The book also includes a pattern for a tiny pot of flowers, crocheted beads and many other similar projects. I literally want to make everything in this book! This crocheted pig was really simple and quick to make. Also, it's so so so cute!





As you might have guessed this pig's favourite food is apples, so I made this apple from six stranded embroidery thread. As it says in the book - this piggie loves to gorge on apples! 




This is the book that the pattern for the pig and apple came from, I think I'll soon be hitting the shops for some more fine yarn and tiny crochet hooks!

2 comments: