Sunday, 15 July 2012

The National Gallery and a Decorated Sketchbook

I had another visit to The National Gallery on Friday, I was really pleased to be able to see the Leonardo da Vinci Burlington House Cartoon this time because last time I went the room that the cartoon is in was closed. I bought some more postcards of artwork, personally I love Leonardo da Vinci's work so I bought a few postcards with his work on as well as a few of my other favourite paintings that I saw in The National Gallery. I also bought a book about Leonardo da Vinci, it has some beautiful pictures in it, I especially love the sketches, some of which were studies for paintings.


Manon Balletti by Jean-Marc Nattier

Detail from The Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and the Infant Saint John the Baptist
(The Burlington House Cartoon)
by Leonardo da Vinci

The Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and the Infant Saint John the Baptist (The Burlington House Cartoon)
by Leonardo da Vinci

A Basket of Roses by Ignace Henri Theodore Fantin-Latour

A detail from The Virgin of the Rocks by Leonardo da Vinci


I have got another art project coming up for my A-levels so I bought a plain brown paper covered sketchbook from Paperchase. The sketchbook also has lovely brown paper pages inside. The theme of my project is going to be nature so I cut different flowers and leaves out from wrapping paper and glued them onto the front and back of the sketchbook and added a sticker for my name.








No comments:

Post a Comment