Saturday, 25 August 2012

A mix of everything vintage

Usually when the words 'jumble sale' are mentioned old, tatty books, well loved teddy bears and jigsaws with missing pieces spring to my mind. But today this was proved wrong when I visited a vintage jumble sale. There was so much beautiful vintage china, material, trims and much more for only a few pounds. I thought I'd show you my buys from the jumble sale and also my vintage shelf which I cleared off today so that I could have somewhere to put all my vintage items.

This beautiful bag was only £3 (can you believe it?!) and it's in perfect condition. It reminded me of the Dolce and Gabbana Autumn/ Winter 2012 collection.
 


 


There was also a patterned mirror hidden in the inside pocket.

The bag even has a box chain handle.


This is my vintage shelf which includes most of the items I bought at the vintage jumble sale as well as the vintage style box below (I'll write more about this box in my next post).

I added this lovely mini wooden painted bunting to my vintage shelf.




I bought this teacup and saucer at the jumble sale as well as the embroidery thread bobbins that are inside the teacup.

 
I also bought this mini teacup at the jumble sale and I have filled it with my tiny crocheted flowers and leaves, you can find the free pattern for the crocheted flowers here http://handmadebyhannahblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/teeny-tiny-crochet-flower-pattern.html 
 



I also have a bit of an obsession with cut glass, my Mum gave me this beautiful wine glass which I have filled with crocheted hearts.

I bought three empty vintage cotton reels at the jumble sale and I have wrapped lace around them that I bought at the jumble sale.

 
I bought this blue lace today too, it's so lovely and delicate.
 
I added more blue lace to my teacup which I bought at the last vintage fair in Chipping Sodbury.


This tiny teacup and the teapot were found in a tidy up a few weeks ago. 

 
 

My best friend bought me this beautiful teacup for my last birthday and I have filled it with vintage lace and fabric also bought at the last vintage fair in Chipping Sodbury.


You'll remember this cut glass vase that I brought back from my holiday, I have added this to the shelf as well.
 
I found this mini sewing kit at the jumble sale today and as it was only 50p and so cute I just had to buy it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment