Thursday, 2 August 2012

Handmade Notebook

I made this notebook using a tutorial by James Darrow that I found on Pinterest (I think this is the original link but I'm not quite sure, it shows the tutorial anyway http://jamesdarrow.deviantart.com/?offset=0#/d4tznw2 ). It was a really helpful tutorial and the steps were easy to follow.

I used handmade paper for the pages (I think the paper was A5 sized before it had been folded in half) as well as several different pieces of patterned wrapping paper, lined and graph paper. The handmade paper has a lovely texture and the edges of the paper are uneven, which, when the book is shut gives the edges of the pages a lovely vintage look.

For the cover of the book I used some vintage fabric bought from the Vintage and Handmade fair in Chipping Sodbury that I have mentioned in previous posts. I added a vintage style sticker to the front of the book and some vintage lace trim, braid and vintage lace butterflies. For the inside of the cover I used Tilda patterned paper and some Tilda stickers. To finish this part of the book neatly I added some white satin ribbon along the edges of the paper. I'm really pleased with the finished result and love the vintage look of the notebook. Its definitely too special for writing my shopping list in!














No comments:

Post a Comment