Monday, 27 August 2012

Vintage Style Craft Box

In my last post I mentioned a vintage style box that I was keeping on my vintage shelf. Well, I thought I'd show you the box in more detail so that you can see some of the items inside it. As you can see, the box has different compartments in which I have put mostly sewing supplies but also a few other bits and bobs.




I made this felt pincushion inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/29343835042315756/, those tiny flowers sure were fiddly to cut out!

I raided my button jar for buttons in berry, pink and cream shades to put in one of the compartments.

This compartment includes scraps of vintage fabric, a lovely vintage flower motif and two of my own embroidered buttons.

Sometimes I just like trying out different crocheted flower patterns with no real purpose in mind for them. Until now they have been getting tangled up with balls of yarn in my yarn bag so I decided to add these flowers to my box as well.

You can never have enough bobble trim, right? So just to be on the safe side I added some lovely cream bobble trim into my box as well.

Oh and here is some more bobble trim just in case...
There is also a cross stitch heart that I made nestled amongst the bobble trim.

I used this compartment to store a ball of crochet cotton.
 
I folded up some small pieces of pastel coloured felt and tucked them into the box too.

I collected these shells on a visit to Camber Sands during my summer holiday.

You can also find a selection of different sizes and colours of felt balls, flowers and two felt bows that I made in the box. 


I rolled up some ribbon and vintage lace to add to one of the compartments.

Lastly, my extremely cute mini vintage sewing kit that I bought at the vintage jumble sale on Saturday is also in the box.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment