Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Cross Stitched Bird

I was looking through my old issues of Cross Stitcher magazine a few days ago to find a small cross stitch pattern to fill a photo frame I have that is empty. I found this bird pattern in an issue from quite a while ago, I think it was from just before last Christmas. So I stitched the bird onto off white coloured Aida. When I had finished stitching the bird I cut the Aida into a rectangle around the bird and frayed the two outer edges of stitching.
 


4 comments:

  1. it's so cute hannah. you did a wonderful job on this little bird.
    have a great afternoon :)
    laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Laura :) I hope you have a great day too :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this little bird! Any chance of more pattern info???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. The pattern was in issue 247 December 2011 of Cross Stitcher magazine, I don't know if you buy that magazine but if you don't you can buy the pattern here (this also includes other patterns along the same theme), http://www.themakingspot.com/cross-stitch/pattern/birds-rustic-tea-set

      I hope that helps you, let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete