Saturday, 22 September 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Earrings

Image from http://www.dolcegabbana.com/
I saw these lovely crocheted flower earrings on the Dolce & Gabbana website so I thought I would have a go at making some myself. The earrings are from the Mediterraneo fall/ winter 2013 collection. I made my earrings by adapting a pattern for crochet flowers to match those used in the Dolce & Gabbana earrings. I then attached the flowers to a pink bead and then I added a pearl to the bottom of the flower. To create the metal shape that is just hidden behind the flowers I flattened out two large bead caps using a small hammer and metal block. I then glued earrings findings to the back of the pink beads, et voila - a little bit of Dolce & Gabbana for a fraction of the price!
 





2 comments: