Sunday, 28 October 2012

Fabric Flowers

You may have guessed by now that I love making these fabric flowers that are in All Sewn Up by Chloe Owens. I have made a necklace and hair clip from these flowers before.
 
This time I made bigger flowers and I added wire to the back of them to create stalks. I didn't wrap the wire stalks in fabric like it suggests in the book because I knew that the stalks would be completely hidden. I attached all the stalks together by wrapping finer wire around them. I then manipulated the stalks so that the flowers were in the position I wanted. However, the flowers were still flopping over slightly so I sewed several of the petals on the different flowers together to make sure they were in the right position.
 
These are flowers are perfect for brightening up a shelf especially on a gloomy day like today. They look lovely next to my floral patterned notebooks and vintage plates. Also, they will last forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment