Friday, 19 October 2012

Fashion Friday: Erdem Pre Spring 2013

Welcome to the first ever Fashion Friday on Handmade by Hannah!
 
The first time I discovered Erdem was when I was researching designers for my Textiles AS coursework. I instantly fell in love with the Spring/ Summer 2012 collection which included beautiful floral fabrics, elegant silhouettes and a lot of lace.
 
Since then the work of designer Erdem Moralioğlu has continued to impress me. So today I wanted to write about the Pre Spring 2013 collection. This collection incorporates delightfully detailed floral patterns in a palette of blue, pink and white. Beautiful feminine sheer and lightweight fabrics are combined with lace layers and inserts. The embellishments are a feast for the eyes, snippets of lace and detailed beading compliment the patterned fabrics. The silhouettes tend to be simple and focus on the waist often using belts to draw the fabric in. Simple one colour fitted jumpers contrast with the opulence of the dresses.
 
I have to say that I am a big fan of collars so naturally the lace and embellished collars that feature on the dresses and tops instantly appealed to me. Another aspect of this collection that I love is the sharp tailored suit offset with a feminine floral print in zingy blue tones.
 





 All images from http://www.erdem.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment