Friday, 23 November 2012

Fashion Friday: Somerset by Alice Temperley

My word things have been hectic this week, I had a geography field trip at the beginning of the week (we got rained on a lot but it was fun!) and I have been busy catching up with work for the rest of the week! Mind you though every week seems to be a bit crazy, I keep thinking 'next week can't be as busy as this' but it always is! That's just what comes from being a student though! Anyway enough of that and more about a collection that has caught my eye recently.
 
Every time I go to John Lewis I can't help swooning over the Somerset by Alice Temperley range. Whenever I walk past the part of the store that is dedicated to the collection I almost bump into someone because I can't stop staring at the beautiful garments. A girl can dream right?
 
This collection is exclusive to John Lewis and has been designed to be more affordable so that more people can buy Alice Temperley designs. Of course the garments are still a bit more expensive but that is understandable from a collection from such a well known designer and for such high quality garments.
 
The garments are clean lined and simple but have beautiful attention to detail. The blouses and dresses include lace inserts and many of the garments are embellished with frills and gathers. The collection includes a few brightly coloured pieces but there is a large use of black and white as well as neutrals in the garments. This allows the focus to be on the shape, style and details of the garments. I love the smart and formal style of the garments and I'm a huge fan of the blouses and the dress with the shirt style insert.
 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment