Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Book Review: The little book of Chanel

I love books and I can't ever have enough of them. At the moment I'm reading several books at once, 100 ideas that changed fashion, The fashion book and 50 fashion designers you should know. Notice the theme yet? I always find vintage clothing as well as modern day garments a strong source of inspiration and I love the chance to discover more about iconic products and designers.

Well I've just finished reading The little book of Chanel by Emma Baxter-Wright and I have to say it's the best book on a design house, particularly the history of Chanel that I have seen so I bought it and it didn't disappoint. The book is split into several sections including The house of Chanel, The Lagerfeld years and accessories. In my opinion it has just the right balance of text and images and you really get a sense of Coco Chanel's designing style and how Karl Lagerfeld has transferred some of the key features of Coco's style into his own collections for Chanel. It is interesting to discover just how many different variations there are of the iconic Chanel suit. This is the perfect book if you want to find out more about the history of Chanel as well as the design house today and it is a brilliant source of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment