Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Paper cut

I always love trying new crafts and I am a massive fan of Rob Ryan's intricate paper cuts. Ever since I first saw Rob Ryan's work I have wanted to have a go at paper cutting. This Christmas I asked for a book called The crafter's guide to paper cutting by Emily Hogarth. The book includes the history of paper cutting and information about modern day artists as well as projects. At the back of the book there are several designs that can be cut out and used for paper cutting. 

So this weekend when I was passing by an art shop I invested in a good craft knife and cutting mat and I have just finished this paper cut design from the book. I have now started a more complicated design and I can say that I am now hooked on paper cutting!




No comments:

Post a Comment