Sunday, 17 February 2013

Fabric covered notebook

This notebook started out with a plain red cover but I decorated it to give as a gift for my friend's birthday. I have a large collection of beautiful fabrics so choosing one to use to cover the notebook was tricky but in the end I settled on this large scale floral print with birds and rabbits. First though I covered the notebook with a lightweight white fabric so that the red cover of the notebook had no chance of showing through the patterned fabric, then I covered the whole thing again with the patterned fabric. I also made a paper cut to put on the front cover which I stuck on and then created a border around it with vintage lace, for a finishing touch I added a few crocheted hearts in complimenting colours. Next I used some patterned paper to cover the front and back inside pages so that the raw edges of fabric that I had turned under were covered. 

This is such a good way to show off your most treasured pieces of fabric that I don't think I will ever be able to buy a notebook again without covering it in fabric! I now want to make dozens for myself!






No comments:

Post a Comment