Thursday, 28 February 2013

Rob Ryan

As you have seen from previous posts I have really been enjoying paper cutting recently. My absolute favourite paper cut artist is Rob Ryan. He is probably the most well known artist that produces paper cuts but I wanted to share with you some of my favourite pieces. The images below are a selection of his paper cuts and screen prints. I love the romanticism of the pieces and how elaborate and detailed they are, I also am always drawn to pieces that include text. The complex nature of the pieces is perfectly offset by the way the are printed or cut in just one colour. 

Visit Rob Ryan's website here - http://www.misterrob.co.uk/ (What a great website name by the way and the shop is called Ryantown!)

My Home, paper cut

Our Home, paper cut

Other Planets print

Everything That Is, paper cut
'For Haiti' paper cut

Can We? Shall We? print

This Bell Will Ring, paper cut

Windy Tree print

You Are My Universe, paper cut

Images from http://www.misterrob.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment