Sunday, 24 February 2013

Vintage fair

I've been buying vintage stuff again! Not surprising is it? There seems to be something about vintage items that I (and many other people) can't resist, maybe its the detail and the delicacy of many of the pieces or the fact that very few other people will have the same item. 

I've realised that I keep mentioning the vintage and handmade fair in Chipping Sodbury but I've never posted the link to the organiser's website, so if you want to go to the next one or find out more, the dates and extra information can be found here, http://www.vintageandhandmade.co.uk/

There was another fair on yesterday, so here are my buys...


On one stall there was a large box full of all kinds of decorative metal findings. I rummaged through and found this ring and pendant finding. I also bought a tiny reel of silk thread to decorate the saucer of a vintage teacup.


Vintage lace is a must buy every time I go to a vintage fair! I got a lovely doily, some lace motifs featuring birds and two large lace flower motifs which I am planning to sew onto a top or shirt. I also bought some large pearls which I had been looking for to use for a particular project for a while now.

I've always seen this kind of rose trim for sale in shops  and I love it but it is always so expensive, I was delighted when I found some yesterday for about £3.00 a metre and I love the colour variations of the fabric the roses are made from. There were also metres upon metres of ribbon with letters on, luckily there was some with H's on so I bought a metre of it. It will be the perfect thing to cut up and sew as labels into things that I make.

These ceramic pansy earrings are something that I knew I just had to buy straight away before someone else snapped them up.  

The first 100 customers through the doors received a free goody bag and guess what? Yes, getting up early pays off! In the goody bag there was two magazines and a small sewing kit, you can see the inside of the needle case in the picture below.


One stall holder was even selling her old issues of Mollie Makes and they are in almost perfect condition. I bought issue two and three, one of them even had the free gift still unopened. So now I'm only missing issue one and five. I want to have the complete collection someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment