Friday, 8 March 2013

Fashion Friday: Maia Bergman

Like beads? Like them all over everything? Then you had better pay attention to this Central Saint Martins graduate. Maia Bergman's work was brought to my attention the other day when I was looking at Pinterest (seriously don't you just have so much to be grateful to Pinterest for?!). So a quick search and I found Maia Bergman's tumblr and there are many lovely things to be found there.
 
I find the bead laden garments truly breath taking, the beads create explosions of colour all over dresses, tops and trousers. I love the combination of different coloured beads that appear to fade into each other and the varying scale of the beads creates a wonderful texture. I'm not entirely sure how the beads are attached to the fabric but the contrast of the coloured beads on white and sheer fabric is just wonderful. What I think is so special about Maia Bergman's garments is that they are truly original. There can't be a better way to express your love for beads.
 

 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Just checked out her Tumblr page, I love this idea for using beads on clothing.
    http://xkawaiicutiex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, they are so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for the post Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete