Friday, 29 March 2013

Fashion Friday: Orla Kiely S/S 2013

What can you say about Orla Kiely? I think there's too much for one post, she is a real design hero of mine and one of the masters of print and pattern. Orla Kiely's stem print is instantly recognisable and popular worldwide as are many of her other prints that have their own individual style. But what has this got to do with fashion? Well you may remember I picked up an old issue of Selvedge magazine at the vintage jumble sale last weekend, in the magazine there is an article about Orla Kiely and the front cover image features a dress from one of her previous clothing collections. Previously I hadn't known that Orla Kiely designed and sold clothing as well. It almost seems like a crime that I hadn't known about this before, I'm wondering what I have possibly been doing with my time! So to make up for it here is a Fashion Friday dedicated to Orla Kiely's S/S 2013 fashion collection.
 
Similar to her patterns, I think Orla Kiely's clothing has a distinctive style through the colours and styles. Much of her clothing features her prints which is just a match made in heaven. I also love the vintage style of the garments and the beautiful trims used to accent parts of some of the garments.
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment