Thursday, 28 March 2013

Handmade by... Yulia Brodskaya

Handmade by... is a new feature for Handmade by Hannah where I will showcase other artists, designers or makers work that I am impressed by and interested in. Personally, I love looking at other people's work and find it incredibly inspiring. I also find it interesting just to see what other people are doing and how someone has interpreted a particular technique or theme. I have shared other people's work on my blog before as you may know but I thought it was about time I made a proper feature out of it.
 
So for the very first of these features I have chosen the work of Yulia Brodskaya. I love Yulia Brodskaya's work because it uses the very traditional technique of paper quilling and brings it up to date with bright colours and beautiful detail. I can only imagine the hours it must take to make these pieces. I love how the pieces include blank spaces to form shapes and words which is very unique and not something I have ever really seen used in quilling before. I also think the use of abstract shapes to create images (for example the figure in the image below) is wonderful and of course, the pieces are so texturally interesting.
 


 
 
Images from:

No comments:

Post a Comment