Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Crochet flowers watch

I have had this watch face for almost a year now and in the past I have had a few ideas of a strap to make for it but none of the ideas ever really seemed good enough. So after all that time I finally came up with an idea this weekend that I did like.
 
I wanted to create a fairly tight strap that would prevent the face from slipping underneath my wrist because I have found this to be a problem in the past with previous watches I have made straps for. For this reason I knew I didn't want to make a bracelet style watch strap which I had been contemplating before so instead I used bias binding embellished with vintage lace and some crocheted flowers which I posted a pattern for previously. I also sewed another layer of bias binding underneath to strengthen the strap and hide the stitches from the embellishment on the top. Bias binding was a particularly good material for using for this strap because it's not slippery like ribbon and because it is cut on the bias there is some stretch in the strap which will make it more comfortable for wearing. I used a small metal popper to attach the two ends together.
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment