Sunday, 12 May 2013

Knitted necklaces

In issue 26 of Mollie Makes there is a beautiful knitted necklace designed by jewellery brand A Alicia which I knew I had to make as soon as I turned the page (I love some of the other knitted necklaces on the A Alicia website as well http://www.aalicia.bigcartel.com/). I haven't done any knitting in ages so this gave me a good reason to pick up my needles again.  The necklace is made by French knitting but not with those confusing spools which I remember puzzling over when I was little. These necklaces use double pointed needles instead to create a sort of knitted cord which I found out is called an i-cord. I admit I did have to look at a tutorial on YouTube to get my head round it but once I had done that I was away. I made the blue one first and loved it so much I had to make another one in cream. They are the perfect excuse to show off your prettiest buttons as well, which is something I'm always keen to do.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment