Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Paper diamond

I love diamonds. But I cannot afford the real thing so this is the next best option. When I was having my daily browse on Pinterest I came across some wonderful 3D paper diamonds and I found the tutorial here: http://www.minieco.co.uk/3d-paper-diamonds/. There is a downloadable template which you can print out and then cut out of your chosen paper to create the diamond. The origami like way of constructing the diamond means that brilliantly complicated looking facets are created. Actually the diamond is relatively simple, but I made the mistake of sticking the diamond together with double sided sticky tape and all the different facets started to pop apart. I then had to re-stick the diamond with PVA, although this did involve more sitting around and holding the diamond together while the glue dried. I want to make dozens the only downside is I can't actually turn them into diamond jewellery.



No comments:

Post a Comment