Thursday, 6 June 2013

Dolce and Gabbana inspired ceramic flowers sunglasses

Last summer I saw some amazing Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses which have beautiful flowers at the corners. I saw them in a Dolce and Gabbana advert again this summer and I thought it was about time I made my own version. The ceramic flowers I used came from Antiqued on Etsy, the shop has such a good variety of different ceramic flowers at reasonable prices and very high quality. My order was delivered very quickly as well considering it was coming from America.
 
Then I went on the hunt for a pair of sunglasses to glue the flowers onto, I was thinking that cat eye sunglasses would be best but there aren't many of them about this year. Also the ones I did find were too big and didn't really suit my face shape. I couldn't find any suitable ones and actually got a bit side-tracked and ended up buying another pair which I just liked.
 
I had already got a pair of sunglasses last year but I wasn't sure if the flowers would really work on them. So I used blue tack to see what the flowers would look on the sunglasses and was quite happy with the effect, once I had perfected the position of the flowers I glued them to the sunglasses with superglue. I now have a lovely pair of sunglasses for sunny days and I certainly saved myself more than a few pennies by making them myself.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment