Monday, 19 August 2013

Thayaht

Over the past couple of days I have been doing some Summer work for university. I have to complete three pieces of work and one of them has to be inspired by an artist. So I headed over to my boards on Pinterest for inspiration and there were a few artists on there I could have used but nothing really grabbed my attention.
 
Recently I've been reading a book about Madeleine Vionnet and there were a few pages showing the work of Ernesto Michahelles known as Thayaht. I had never seen any of Thayaht's work before, he wasn't exclusively a fashion illustrator but he worked with Madeleine Vionnet, illustrating many of the garments she created for fashion magazines such as La Gazette du Bon Ton. 
 
I think Thayaht's illustrations are really interesting, especially in the way the lines of the clothing continue on into the background and form a pattern enhanced by delicate shading. Below are a few of Thayaht's illustrations, I am using the top one as the main inspiration for my summer project.
 




1st image from www.artearti.net
2nd, 3rd and 5th images from www.pennydreadfulvintage.com
4th image from www.m2.paperblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment