Sunday, 20 October 2013

Crochet doily and flower

I do love a good doily and a good bit of crochet come to that so the crochet doily project in the Mollie Makes Crochet book is my perfect project. The doily has beautiful details and although it looks like it was tricky to make it was actually quite simple. I've switched my usual cream for soft grey as my neutral colour, I think it works particularly well with the two pink colours. The yarn (which is lovely and a very good price), in case you're interested is Lanas Stop Baby Wool from my favourite yarn shop, Wool Bath. The doily looks wonderful alongside my vintage teacups.
 
When I first got the Mollie Makes Crochet book, the crochet flower kit in the inside cover was such a nice surprise. I had no idea that the book came with a kit, I hope they put kits with their future books too! It is such a lovely kit as well, it came with a wooden crochet hook and the yarn is just beautiful, its such good quality. I finally got round to making the flower a few evenings ago, it didn't take me long but its so beautiful, I'm sure it is a pattern I will use many times.



No comments:

Post a Comment