Monday, 4 November 2013

Crochet edged scarf

I absolutely love scarves and I probably don't need any more but when I saw a beautiful picot edging in the Mollie Makes crochet book I couldn't resist using it on a scarf. Back in June I bought some patterned polyester chiffon, this fabric is perfect for making scarves with because its not too slippery like silk chiffon and it had a wonderful drape. I had half a metre of it which I cut into a square and then overlocked the edges. I turned the edges over and blanket stitched around them. For the edging I used the same grey wool that I used for the doily I wrote about the other day. Its very simple but just gives that extra detail which makes the scarf a bit special. The only trouble is, I'm running out of room to keep all these scarves now!


No comments:

Post a Comment