Monday, 30 December 2013

A well dressed bear

There was a Tilda bear featured in this year's Christmas issue of Mollie Makes, I had traced and cut out all the templates a while ago but hadn't got round to actually making it. I can't sit around without making something for too long so this was my Boxing Day project. I actually hand stitched it which I'd never normally do with something like this, but we had family round so I couldn't really get my machine out. It actually worked out just as well by hand as if I'd done it by machine. I love the bear's cute little outfit, as you can see I chose to use a spotty fabric for the body and a contrasting floral for the skirt. The bear in the magazine had small pearly beads as buttons but I chose to use three of the flower sequins I bought at the Knit and Stitch show with a seed bead sewn into the centre. The tiny flower on the bear's head is made from a strip of chiffon folded on half and stitched round into a circle, I thought the frayed edges of the chiffon would give a lovely delicate effect. Its a really good project to use up small pieces of leftover fabric and the finished result is so sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment