Friday, 20 June 2014

Framed inspiration board

I like to have beautiful things on display instead of hidden away; which is probably why my style is, lets just say, definitely not minimalism. This is why I decided to make a display board for inspiring things such as postcards.
 
I had a frame which I had decorated with floral wrapping papers for an A level project which I decided to reuse and make into a board with ribbon that things can be held in. I used a piece of mount board which I covered with ivory cotton and then I used satin and grosgrain ribbon to create a crossed pattern. At the points where the ribbons cross I added flower shaped brad pins. I then mounted this in the frame and fixed it to the wall. This morning I put a few things I have been collecting into the frame, I still have a bit of space left to fill too.
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment