Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Vintage jumble sale

There was another vintage jumble sale on Saturday, so here are my purchases. Yet again I bought quite a bit of china, which I am running out of room for, but its so hard to resist. One day I will have a lovely big dresser to display it all in. Another thing I can't resist is a vintage brooch and I found one in the shape of a bouquet of flowers with purple gemstones. I see lots of vintage brooches at the fairs I go to but many of them are missing gemstones and are slightly tarnished that's why if I see one in such good condition I can't help but buy it. I've begun to start a little collection of them now. I also bought some mother of pearl buttons and two pieces of the same fabric (so that I have enough to use as inserts in a garment).
 
I've been watching This Old Thing that's been on the TV at the moment, which is a programme about vintage clothing. Its quite entertaining because most of the people they have on it are so against being dressed in vintage clothing. I have never bought any vintage clothing before but seeing how beautiful the clothes are in the shops they go into has made me want to start. It seems like most of the best vintage shops are in London which is a shame for me because its not exactly close to where I live. I think there are a few in Bristol though and I always walk past one in Bath but I've never gone in. That's mainly because I saw they had a dress by Sonia Rykiel in the window once and considering that it is in Bath too; I concluded that the prices are probably quite high.
 
The fairs I go to are not really the place for vintage clothes, they have a few sometimes but nothing has ever caught my eye enough to make me have a closer look. Also online vintage shopping doesn't really attract me, I can just imagine opening up my parcel to find a massive stain down the garment. Plus I've heard a lot of clothes sold as vintage online aren't the real deal. For now maybe I'll have to take a peek in that shop in Bath just out of curiosity.
 
Just before I posted this I googled the shop I was talking about in Bath, its called The Black and White Shop. The first thing I clicked on was this blog post which has information about a couple of vintage shops in Bath that look amazing, so when I'm back at uni I must steal one of my free Wednesday afternoons to take a look.
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment