Saturday, 2 August 2014

Amsterdam

This time last week I had just got back from a week in Amsterdam. I've never been before but now I want to go back, it is one of the best places I have ever been to. We were staying in a flat above a shop and the shop next door was an amazing craft shop called Handmade Heaven. We didn't even realise this when we booked the flat, I think I ended up spending most of my euros in there!
 
One day we visited a market which had so many fabric stalls and I came away with some blue jersey which I plan on making a dress with, if I bought enough of it. The Rijksmuseum was so massive that we spent almost a whole day there and didn't see it all. I was hoping to buy an old delft tile; in a guidebook we had it said you could get them for a few euros in a shop near the Rijksmuseum. But I think their idea of a few euros must be very different to mine. We also spent a day in the Van Gogh museum and visited Anne Frank's house. The café there makes the best hot chocolate I have ever had.
 
The pictures of butterflies and plants below are from a garden called Hortus Botanicus which is really worth a visit. They have a large garden which contains large glass houses some of which contained plants in different environments such as jungle and desert with the temperatures and humidity mimicking these places. There was a smaller glasshouse with incredible butterflies in. In the photos below there is one of a glass wing butterfly which has transparent sections on its wings.
 
The cat in the bottom photo was enjoying a snooze on one of the chairs in an ice cream café, it looks like it also enjoys a bit of ice cream to me!
 

 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment