Friday, 15 August 2014

Fashion Friday: How do you organise your wardrobe?

Any wardrobe no matter how big or small usually has some kind of organisation system going on. I organise my clothes by garment, so I have all my tops hanging next to each other and my skirts hanging next to each other. It has a strict order, coats then jackets, dresses, cardigans, tops then shirts, jumpers, jeans and shorts and finally skirts. However, there are two exceptions, a jumper and top are at the end of my wardrobe because they are delicate and must be kept carefully. A few things, at the moment winter clothing, are folded in a drawer because hangers are scarce in my house. My Mum and sister both organise their wardrobes by colour, but maybe you organise yours into formal and casual or evening and daywear or maybe its an eclectic mix and has no order at all.
 
So for this weeks Fashion Friday I have opened up my wardrobe to show you how it is organised. Not everything is in there, it never is because of things being in the wash. But there's enough to show you a few of my favourites. When it comes to clothes I love a lot of things, prints as well as plain block colour and things with a little extra detail. I love classics with a twist.
 
 
The best wardrobe investment I have ever made was buying this trench with my 18th birthday money, it has proved itself very useful and importantly its pretty beautiful. My proper depths-of-winter coat is due for an update this year but I hope to find something similar to my current camel coloured style.
 
 
My favourite jumper is something a bit special. There is beading around the neckline and sleeves, the body is cashmere and the sleeves are sheer crepe. Perfect.
 
 
I appreciate little details on a garment, the elaborate collar tips are the crowning glory on this plain light pink and white chiffon shirt.
 

I have never before had a patterned coat but I absolutely love this one. Its a short duffle coat style and is perfect with blue jeans.
 



Jackets are necessary for awkward English weather, I have two, one a blazer in gorgeous tweed and the other a silky printed bomber.
 

 
I'm on the quest to fill my wardrobe with a few more dresses because they are an easy all in one look and there are so many beautiful ones around. Currently I have a few dresses which I wear in the day but this one I save for special occasions. It is made from the most beautiful fairly thick crepe which drapes so brilliantly and the cut is just perfect.
 
 
I'm a lover of cardigans, they mean minimal effort when I'm half asleep at half 6 in the morning standing in front of my wardrobe deciding what to wear before I go to uni. Its the most simple form of layering, I have cardigans in an array of colours, mainly neutrals. This 3/4 length sleeved one is my favourite. The pattern is so crazy and colourful, it makes anything you pair it with look fantastic.

 
This t-shirt is another garment to fall under the something a little different category. Its a plain white t-shirt, classic yes? But the bold embroidered lace around the sleeves and hem lift it to something extraordinary.
 
 
I've said this before but I'll say it again. When it comes to t-shirts Ted Baker is the one. Yes, they are fairly expensive (wait for the sale unless its an absolute stunner and you can't risk losing it) but they are so beautiful. The cut is fantastic and so flattering and they come patterned or plain. This dark floral print one is my favourite, I searched high and low for it because it was selling out at the speed of lightning and I knew I had to have it.

 
The sleeves on this shirt are incredible, they are massive and far from conventional sleeves. This paired with the gorgeous crepe fabric means they drape beautifully. Words can't describe it. 
 
 
I have quite a thing for shirts, there's just something about them which means a substantial proportion of my wardrobe is filled up with shirts. The pattern on this sheer shirt reminds me of delft tiles.


Jumpers are brilliant for layering over one of my many shirts, I wore this grey jumper to death last winter and will probably do the same this year.
 

 
 This navy blue 3/4 sleeved jumper is so classic but the bobbles add a little bit of unexpected interest.
 
 
Peeking out here are my dungarees, They are a very recent purchase but have already proved themselves to be a very good one. They are short dungarees and I plan to wear them in winter with thick tights, making them wearable all year round.
 

The majority of people must have a pair of blue jeans in their wardrobe. This washed out style are my best pair at the moment.  Finding a good pair of jeans is so impossible so I dread it when the time comes to get a new pair.

 
This pencil skirt is the best garment I have made so far, I have worn it so much and I absolutely love the fabric it is made from.

 
This skirt is a beauty, I definitely don't wear it enough. I comes to just below the knee and is gently flared.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment